How to change download location in Chrome on Android and desktop
Hey bro! Need to change the download path in Chrome? You can change the download folder in Chrome on desktop easily, but doing this on smartphone often causes difficulties. So, let’s see, how to change download location in Chrome on PC and on Android.
How to change download path in Chrome on Windows 10
I’ll show first how to change download path in Chrome browser on Windows 10. To do this you need:
- Open the Chrome settings;
- Then scroll to down and click on “Advanced”;
- Now find the ‘Downloads’ tab and choose the right folder by clicking on the “Change” button. Also, here you can enable the feature asking where to save each file before downloading.
How to change download location in Chrome on Android
Changing the download location in Chrome on Android is a bit harder. You need:
- Open Chrome on your mobile phone and enter chrome://flags in the address bar;
- On the next screen enter “Downloads” to the search form and find the feature “Enable downloads location change”. You will see “Default” here, tap on it;
- And select “Enabled” in the pop-up box;
- Then open the Chrome settings and tap the “Downloads” tab;
- Here you can see the download path. Tap on it to change. Also, there you can enable the feature of asking where to save files.
Now you know how to change download path in Chrome on your Android device.