How to change your name on Facebook | replace username URL 2020
Hey bro! Need to change your name on Facebook? Or Maybe your url profile link? You can do this easily in your profile settings, but there some nuances you should know:
- Your name can’t include symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization and punctuation. You also can’t use titles of any kind and offensive or suggestive words;
- You can only change your name on Facebook every 60 days;
- The basic rule about your username URL is – you can only have one name for your profile, and can’t have a username that is already being used.
Of course, it’s not the full list of rules about Facebook usernames and profile links. Here you can view the comprehensive guidelines around creating a custom username, and here what names are allowed on Facebook! And now let me show you, how to change your name and username URL on Facebook in 2020!
How to change your name on Facebook
Well, let’s talk about how to change your name on Facebook. What you need to do is just to follow this instruction:
- Open the general account settings and click “Edit” opposite your name;
- Then replace your old name by the new one, or add middle name and click “Review change”;
- After that choose how your name will appear on your profile, enter your password and click “Save changes”;
- Your name will be changed immediately.
Bro, you can also add a nickname that will be added to your Facebook name and shown at the top of your profile. To perform this you need:
- Open your page, open the tab “About”, click “Details about you” and then click “Add a nickname”;
- Now enter your nickname, check the box “Show at top of profile” and click “Save changes”;
How to replace your username URL on Facebook
And now let’s see, how to replace your Facebook username URL. You need:
- In the general account settings click “Edit” at the username form;
- Then enter your new username and click “Save changes”;
- After this just enter your password and click “Submit”;
Your Facebook profile link will be changed.
How to change your name in Facebook app on Android
You can also change your Facebook name and profile link in the mobile app. To perform this on Android you need:
- Open the left-sided menu and tap “Settings”;
- On the next screen tap “Personal Information”;
- Here tap on your name;
- And change your name. You can also add a nickname in the “Other Names” form.