How to Disable Avast Antivirus: temporarily or permanently
When installing or running programs, applications, games, or open web-sites, Avast may block it. If you know for sure that the installation files or the site will not harm the computer, then you can disable Avast Antivirus temporarily or completely.
How to turn off Avast Antivirus
Avast has in its arsenal 4 Core Shields. Each of them reliably protects against a certain type of threat. The user can completely disable all protective shields or each individually.
How to turn off all Avast security shields:
- Step 1. Right-click on the Avast icon in the Windows system tray. (With a large number of programs the tray may be full and you need to expand all the programs by clicking on the top arrow icon);
- Step 2. Move mouse cursor to the “Avast shields sontrol”, after that an additional menu will appear;
- Step 3. Select the time for which Avast should be stopped:
For 10 minutes;
For 1 hour;
Disable until computer is restarted;
It is not recommended to completely turn off Avast, because your computer will remain unprotected.
How to disable individual Avast core shields:
- Step 1. Open Avast by clicking on the antivirus shortcut on the desktop or in the system tray;
- Step 2. Go to the “Protection” section;
- Step 3. Open “Core Shields”;
- Step 4. Deactivate the switcher next to protective shield you need to stop and select the time for which it should be paused.