How to delete your Uber account | cancel | deactivate on phone 2020
Hey, Bro! If you do not need the Uber account anymore, you can easily deactivate it. You can cancel Uber account either on PC, or on your smart phone via app. So let’s see, how to delete your Uber account permanently on phone 2020!
How to delete Uber account via app
To delete your Uber account via app on Android or iPhone, you need:
- Tap the button with 3 parallel lines on the app start screen;
- And choose “Settings” tab on the left side menu;
- On the next screen need to tap “Privacy” tab;
- Now you need to tap the link “Delete Your Account” at the bottom of the screen;
- After this you need to enter the password and tap “Continue” button. If you don’t remember the password, you can tap the link “I forgot my password”, and follow all the steps to reset password;
- Then you’ll see the message, that the account will immediately be deactivated and permanently deleted after 30 days. Yes, it means, you can restore your account during the 20 days period. On this screen just tap “Continue”;
- After that you need to tell the reason of deleting the account.
- And, finally, on this screen you’ll have the last chance to stop deleting. If you don’t change your mind, then tap “Delete”.
That’s all! Your Uber account will immediately deactivated, and after this you’ll have 30 days to restore it.
However, there is another way to delete Uber account via app, and this way is much faster – just delete the app, and all your data will be deleted too!
What to do, if I was unable to delete my Uber accounts
Much amount of users asks a question “what to do, if I was unable to delete my Uber account?” To solve this problem, follow these steps:
- Open the left side menu in the app and choose “Help” tab;
- On the next screen choose the “Account and Payment Options” tab;
- Now tap “Changing my account settings”;
- After this you need to tap the first tab “Delete my Uber account”;
- Finally, tap the link “I was unable to delete my account” at the bottom of the screen. By this you’ll open the Uber help center page!