Error Code 0xc0000142 in Windows 10 – how to fix
One of the most frequent and, at the same time, difficult to fix problems is an error when starting the application 0xc0000142 in Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7, which occurs when starting a game or program, or immediately upon logging into the system.
This guide will show you how to fix the error 0xc0000142 when starting the application in Windows 10 and previous versions of the OS, both when you turn on your computer or laptop, and when you start games and programs.
How to fix error Code 0xc0000142 in Windows 7, 8, 10
There are several ways to fix the error 0xc0000142 in Windows 7, 8, 10. To solve this problem just try one of these methods:
- First of all – reboot your PC. This may help because all the system files will get closed, and after restarting your device all the system files will be reopened and the problem may be solved;
- It happens that some files are lost during the installation process or when using an application or game. So, uninstall the application or game with error code 0xc0000142 on your PC and install it again.
If none of the methods shown help, try the following steps:
- Step 1. Right-click on the application and select ‘Properties’;
- Step 2. Now open the “Compatibility” tab and check the box beside “Run this program as an administrator”. After this click on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons.
- Step 3. Just reboot your system and try opening the program causing the 0xc0000142 error.
Fixing the error Code 0xc0000142 with System File Checker
Using system file checker can also help to fix the error Code 0xc0000142 in Windows 10. To do this just follow:
- Step 1. Press Windows Key+R type command cmd and press Enter;
- Step 2. Copy and paste this commandfor %i in (%windir%\system32*.dll) do regvr32.exe / s%i
and press Enter;
- Step 3. Copy and paste this commandfor %i in (%windir%\system32*.ocx) do regsvr32.exe / s%i
- After this just restart your computer.
Bro! This will definitely help you fix error 0xc0000142 in Windows 10!