How to fix msvcp120.dll missing error
The msvcp120.dll error occurs in users of Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 when the Microsoft Visual C ++ library package fails, usually when launching certain programs and games (Sims 4, The Witcher 3, Call of Duty, Battlefield). But don’t be sad – there are no insoluble problems! Here’s how to fix msvcp120.dll error on Windows 7, 8, 10!
What causes the msvcp120.dll missing error
What causes the msvcp120.dll error? The msvcp120.dll error appears as a result of modifying or deleting the msvcp120.dll library in Windows, which can occur for various reasons, for example, after installing a program or game, most often pirated copies thereof, or after reinstalling the operating system.
Most often, the msvcp120.dll error appears when launching programs or games such as: Sims 4 (Sims 4), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Stalker Lost Alpha (Stalker Lost Alpha), Dota 2, Photoshop, Origin, Battlefield 1 (Batelfield 1), igoproxy64.exe, No man s sky, Call of Duty, Xcom 2, Hatred, logonui.exe, Naruto (Naruto Storm), Call of Misery pops up the message “the program cannot be started, msvcp120.dll is missing from the computer ”Or“ the system did not find msvcp120.dll ”on Windows 10. What should I do if I get the error msvcp120.dll?
How to fix msvcp120.dll missing error on Windows 7, 8, 10
You can get rid of the msvcp120.dll error as follows:
- Remove the Microsoft Visual C ++ package, for example through the Control Panel;
- Clean up the system registry using Ccleaner, or using the Cleaner program;
- Install Microsoft Visual C ++ package from the official site and restart your computer.
If the above doesn’t help then do the following:
- Download the msvcp120.dll file for a 64-bit operating system or download the msvcp120.dll-12.0.21005.1-32bit_3079 file for a 32-bit system;
- Unpack the file and drop it into the Windows / System32 folder on a 32-bit operating system, or to the Windows / SysWOW64 folder on a 64-bit system. If such a file already exists in the folder, simply replace it with the downloaded one;
- Now you need to make sure that the added library starts functioning. To do this launch the Run command by simultaneously pressing R and Windows logo key on your keyboard;
- In the window that opens, register the regsvr32 msvcp120.dll command;
- Then we recommend restarting your computer.
These are the ways you can fix the msvcp120.dll missing error!