VCRUNTIME140.dll missing error on Windows – how to fix
Hey, Bro! The notification ‘The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer’ can appear for various reasons, but basically this problem occurs because the file required to run the utility or game was not found.
This can happen for several reasons:
- DLL file was accidentally deleted by the user or someone from his environment;
- The component does not match the version of the installed software, which causes a conflict;
- A virus attack took place, after which the object was infected / blocked / quarantined by the anti-virus.
Most likely, you are more interested not in the theoretical component, but in concrete steps. Therefore, I’ll show you how to fix VCRUNTIME140.dll missing error on Windows 7, 8, 10!
VCRUNTIME140.dll missing error on Windows 10 – fixed
There are several ways to fix VCRUNTIME140.dll missing error, but I will show you the fastest and the easiest method of solving this problem! Fixing this problem requires the user to download VCRUNTIME140.dll file. So you just need to:
- Download VCRUNTIME140.dll file for 32-bit version of Windows;
- Or download this file if you have 64-bit version of Windows 10 on your PC.
That’s the easiest way to fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error on your computer!