How to get e-Visa to Russia for foreign citizens
Hey Bro! If you want to visit Russia, you must obtain a visa, the type of which depends on the purpose of your arrival. The easiest way to get visa to the Russian Federation is to apply for an electronic visa (e-Visa). Of course, there are a number of nuances you need to know in this matter. So, let’s find out how to get an electronic visa to Russia for foreign citizens!
Application for a tourist visa to Russia
First of all, you should know that electronic visa to the Russian Federation is only issued for visits to one of the following regions of the Russian Federation:
- the Far-Eastern Federal District (The Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Primorsky and Khabarovsk territories, Magadan, Kamchatka, Sakhalin, Amur regions, Koryak and Chukotka Autonomous districts, and the Jewish Autonomous region);
- Kaliningrad Oblast;
- Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast.
After getting e-visa you can only visit the constituent entities of the Russian Federation that are part of these three regions from the list above. You cannot visit any other regions of the Russian Federation!
You can only use a visa if the purposes of your trip fall into the following categories:
- purpose of journey is tourism (like with an ordinary tourist visa);
- purpose of journey is business (like with an ordinary work visa);
- purposes of journey are sports, cultural, scientific and technological ties (like with an ordinary humanitarian visa).
if the purpose of your trip is different , you should apply for the traditional non electronic visa at a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Russian Federation.
Bro! Also pay attention to the following:
- E-visa is a single-entry visa that is issued for 30 calendar days from the date of issue;
- The permitted stay in Russia on an e-visa is up to 8 days from the date of entry during its validity period.
E-visa to Russia is free! And all the costs of booking a hotel, paying for trips, etc., you make yourself!
To get e-visa to the Russian Federation just do:
Go to The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Consular department website and choose your nationality and the region you want to visit in Russia;
Read the information, check the boxes and click ‘Fill out a new application form’;
After that you can apply for e-visa.
But remember! From March 18, 2020 the issuance of electronic visas to Russia has been suspended in order not to spread the new coronavirus infection in the Russian Federation!
Student visa to Russia | study visa
To get the student visa to the Russian Federation you need to contact the Russian Embassy (Consular Department) or Russian Consulate in your country of residence.
If the prospective student has met all the application requirements and obtained a place at the university according to the standard procedure (or is a paid student), an invitation will be sent by the university. To apply for a visa, you will need an original invitation.
General list of documents required for a study visa:
- International passport;
- Official invitation (original);
- Photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm (1.18 x1.57 inches);
- HIV-negative status certificate;
- Parental consent to travel certified by a notary (for applicants under 18 years).
The list may differ depending on where you are applying.
Invitation for a foreigner to Russia
An invitation for a foreigner to Russia can be issued not only by citizens of the Russian Federation registered at the place of residence or at the place of temporary stay, but also by foreign citizens permanently residing in Russia.
Individuals can apply for an invitation only for the private purpose of entering the territory of Russia and the right to apply for a foreign citizen at the consular department of the Russian Embassy for a single or double entry visa valid for up to 90 days.
The inviting party bears administrative responsibility for the foreigner’s compliance with the order of residence or stay in Russia: the declared purpose of entry must correspond to the actual activity carried out, and departure must be ensured in a timely manner.
Obtaining a visa to enter the Russian Federation at a consular office or diplomatic mission of the Russian Federation is possible only in the city indicated in the electronic invitation.
You can issue an invitation to Russia for a foreigner on the Public Services Portal of the Russian Federation website.