How to set homepage and startup page in Google Chrome
Instruction: How to set homepage and startup page in Google Chrome
When launching Google Chrome browser, you can see default panel which contains Google search bar and tabs with the most visited sites. These tabs can be deleted, edited, you can add favorite sites to them.
But if you need to make the other start page instead standard tab bar when you start the browser, then Google Chrome has a special setting that allows you to do this. For example, you can make Google search engine or any other site you like as startup page.
How to change Google Chrome start page
It is very simple to change the Start page in Google Chrome. To customize it you need to do:
- Open Google Chrome and go to “Settings”;
- Find section “On startup” activate the switcher to “Open a specific page or set of pages” and click “Add new page”;
- In the next window you need to enter the address of the site that you want to see when you start Google Chrome browser.
How to make Google Chrome homepage
In addition to the settings described above, you can also add the homepage button to the top navigation panel, which opens any site you add when clicked.
How to make Google Chrome homepage:
- Open Google Chrome browser;
- Click on the icon with three vertical dots;
- Click “Settings” in the menu;
- In the “Appearance” section, activate the switcher to “Show home button”;
- And add custom website address;
- A button with an icon of house will appear in the top menu of Chrome, and when you click on it the site will open.
If you are not satisfied with the standard main page panel of Google Chrome visual bookmarks, then you can easily change it by installing extensions that will change its appearance and add new functionality to the front page.