Telegram: how to hide your phone number | hiding Last Seen status
Hey Bro! Using Telegram, you can easily view the phone numbers of other users simply by looking at their profile information. Other users may also see your phone number. But what if you want to disappear from someone’s Telegram contact list? Well, I’ll show you how to hide your phone number on Telegram in 5 simple steps!
Hiding your phone number on Telegram
To hide your phone number on Telegram just follow few simple steps:
- Step 1.Open the Telegram menu (by tapping on the three-line symbol in the upper left corner / just swipe to the left) and select “Settings”;
- Step 2. Next select ‘Privacy and Security’ tab;
- Step 3. Here tap on the ‘Phone Number’ tab;
- Step 4. And select ‘Nobody’ to prevent anyone from seeing your phone number;
- Step 5. You may also specify who can find you by your phone number – everybody or only the users who are in your contacts.
If you want to hide your phone number from a specific person, you can add exceptions and select 1 or several users.
How to hide your last seen | online status on Telegram
Sometimes you need to hide your online status from everyone or from a specific user. To hide your last seen status do this:
- Open the ‘Privacy and Security’ settings and select ‘Last Seen & Online’ tab;
- Here you may choose who can see your ‘last seen’ time;
- If you select only your contact you can add exceptions and choose specific users who won’t be able to see your online status.
Pay attention, Bro! You cannot see Last Seen or online statuses for users with whom you don’t share yours. You will see only approximate times (recently, within a week and so on). Therefore, if you hide your last seen status from everyone you won’t be able to see anyone’s online status.