How to add a clickable WhatsApp direct message link to Instagram profile
Many Instagram users have a question “how do I get a WhatsApp direct message (chat) link to add in an Instagram profile (in the website section)?” For example, adding such a link is much useful for users with business accounts, as the followers can open the WhatsApp direct just by one click in Instagram profile. So, let’s see, how to add a clickable WhatsApp link to Instagram profile!
How do I get a WhatsApp link to add in an Instagram profile
Hey bro! To add a clickable WhatsApp chat link to your Instagram profile just follow few simple steps:
Open your profile data and tap the “Edit profile” button;
Then copy this https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=write your WhatsApp number after “=” (but without “+” symbol) and paste it to the Website form (not to Bio!)
And tap the check mark in the right top corner of the screen. After this the WhatsApp direct message link will appear in your profile bio, and your followers and other users will be able to send you messages from Insta.
Following the steps above, you can easily add a clickable WhatsApp chat link to your Instagram profile!
How to add a WhatsApp icon to Instagram profile
There are many Instagram profiles with a large WhatsApp icon. You can click on that icon and open an Instagram story, swiping which you can open WhatsApp chat with the owner of this account.
So, how to add a WhatsApp icon to your Instagram profile?
First of all, you should remember that this function is available only for business accounts that have at least 10 000 followers. That’s so, because Instagram allows to add clickable links to the stories only to popular profiles with minimum 10 000 followers.
To add a clickable WhatsApp icon to your Instagram profile you need to:
- First save a WhatsApp logo image (1080×1920 pixels size) to your phone image library;
- Then create a new post in Stories and tap this icon;
- Add a URL to your WhatsApp chathttps://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=with your WhatsApp number in the URL form and tap “Done” button;
- WhatsApp icon will appear in your Instagram Highlight!
After this your followers and other users can tap the Highlight in your profile, watch the story and open WhatsApp chat.
- changing the phone number in WhatsApp with or without notification to others
- how to hide WhatsApp profile photo and status updates from certain users or everyone
- how to type Bold, Italic and strikethrough text in WhatsApp